Monday, December 1, 2008

November

Last night we went to Mud Lake to my Dad's house. Today is his birthday so almost everyone was there to have dinner and celebrate. It was loud, we ate, we talked, kids got hurt, we opened gifts, and had cake. But Dad wouldn't let me help clean up. He is 68 today. He is a very generous thoughtful and giving man. I'm grateful to have him for my father. I hope he knows how much he means to me and how much I love him.
For Thanksgiving we went to Pocatello and had dinner with Tom's family. Everyone was there. We ate of course, played games and visited and everyone left. We went to his sisters house afterward. Tom and the kids stayed to watch the football game and I went to a movie with some of his sisters.
Let's see, what else. We got the Christmas decorations out and put up. Tom moved into a new office at work. It's brand new, it just got finished being built. It's very large and so much easier to get to from our house. I went to Twilight on opening night at 12:30 a.m. with Holly and Heidi and Holly's Mom. I really enjoyed it. I liked the movie and even though there were a gazillion people there it was fun. Keaton and Elie both have a birthday coming up. I can't believe Elie will be one in a couple of weeks and Keaton will be 4. We've been trying to get Christmas and birthday shopping done also. This year I'm not ready like I usually am I still have a lot to think about and take care of. I guess that's what four kids does to me. It seems like I'm behind on everything. I used to like to prepare for things way in advance but I can't do that anymore. I'm usually finally getting things taken care of just before they need to be done. Oh well, I'll just have to adjust and deal with things not being like they used to. Because I'm so grateful for these four children that it really doesn't matter if our house is a mess and I procrastinate. As long as they are loved and cared for.

1 comment:

Shon and Holly Shuldberg said...

I think that you are still way a head of the game. I always admire your organization and preparedness. And your kids are so lucky to have the mom they have. Hope your feeling better!!