Saturday, September 13, 2008

School & A Full Calendar

I've been bad about keeping up on our blog lately. With school starting we now have soccer on Thursday and Saturday. Dance and scouts on Wednesday. Preschool on Wednesday and Friday. And dentist appointments, eye doctor appointments, doctor appointments, school activites and taking care of church callings all mixed in there too. So when I do get some time to post a blog I usually work on the checkbook and bills or actually clean my house instead. Elie has been requiring a lot of one on one time. She tends to cry whenever I leave the room and therefore I end up having her on my hip or lap most of the day. Usually I try to remind myself to take the time to enjoy those moments but sometimes I forget to enjoy and just want to actually use the bathroom by myself. Shaustia is doing well in school. She made me this picture that says all kinds of nice things about me. It's definitely a keeper. Her teacher tells me she's a good student and she's enjoying getting to know her. Shaustia is happy that dance has started again and she loves catching grasshoppers (yuck!!). Austin was student of the week last week and I got to go see his picture in the lunchroom. His teacher says he is a good reader and is doing really well. He is a good little soccer player, he's improved greatly from the spring season. Tom is his coach and Austin was able to make the very first goal of the season after he struggled to make one last season. He doesn't like to lose though and he isn't afraid to cry about it if he does. (Which is very irritating for me.) Keaton likes the time at home with just Mom and Elie, but he feels big because he gets to go to preschool. His teacher told me on Friday that he's a cute little boy and that he listens and is right on track. I was actually pretty shocked that he listens. (Although I think his primary teacher has been a huge help for him.) He even showed me how to say thank you and please in sign language because they learned how to sign them at school. I was impressed. Keaton likes to find shiny and pretty rocks. I'm trying to keep up with everyone and everything. I don't think my house will ever be as clean as I used to be able to keep it, but I have to prioritize. Tom and I are going to Utah at the end of next week to have lasik. I can hardly wait to get rid of these glasses and I think Tom feels the same. Tom is working a lot both for Wada Farms and their Walmart account and on some side jobs. He is going to Tennessee next week for a "business trip" and golfing. He works hard for us and I feel like I see less and less of him. But I'm thankful for all he does for me and our family. Oh, I almost forgot to write about Elie. She is growing so fast. She is very close to crawling and probably could be if I encouraged and pushed her to. But I am perfectly content with her not being mobile yet. She is so adorable, and happy as long as I'm right by her or holding her. She is a little snuggler and none of the other kids were, it's so fun. Hopefully I'll be able to get her to take a bottle or a sipper cup by the time she has her first birthday. Because so far she hates the bottle and just wants Mom.

Keaton in his new Colts jersey so he can be like Dad.


Elie's 8 month picture! She's so cute and silly.


Elie has learned how to clap.

No comments: