Thursday, September 9, 2010

Surprise!!!

For any of you who don't know we are expecting our fifth child. If this is a shock to you it's more than a shock to us. I am currently 13 weeks. I have a long way to go until March 16th, and so far it's not been a fun journey. I had finally decided that our family was as big as it should be. It took a long time to come to that conclusion and feel good about it. I scheduled an appointment to talk with my doctor and set a date for surgery. I had been on birth control and was ready to go ahead with it. Instead of a surgery consult, the visit ended up being and initial pregnancy visit. This baby is supposed to come to our family. For some reason unknown to us, against all the odds and despite my past experiences with miscarriages this baby is doing well and making me very sick. So I'm still trying to come to terms with the fact that I will have five children, the thought is so overwhelming to me. I guess if I don't want my prayers answered I should ask. I said I'm done, if I am not supposed to be You better do something about it. Well, He did. God's plans are not my plans. In six months I'll be excited and more than ready to have a baby, I always am.

4 comments:

Gayle said...

I'm excited for you Emily, I hope you aren't sick for to much longer!

The Buttars Gang said...

congrats.

Jill said...

Congratulations! And whew, boy! Good luck with the sick. I am so sorry you're already so sick! I'll keep you in my prayers.

Seamans Family said...

Congratulations, Em! Sorry to hear your sick, but like you said it is usually a good sign.

Hope all is well for the next 6 months!