Wednesday, December 23, 2009

RASH!!!

Last night, well this morning, at 4:30 we gave Elie a bath because she had thrown up and she needed cleaned up. I tried to get her to go back to sleep with me but she only did off and on. Later on this morning around nine or so she came to me and I sat her on my lap and noticed tons of scratches on her neck, so I put some lotion on her and cut her nails. Then I decided to just get her dressed. I took off her shirt and she had a rash and hives under her arms. I was starting to panic a little, then I took off her pants and there was more behind her knees on her torso and the top of her legs. It was all bright red and bumpy. I immediatly took her to Urgent Care without getting out of my pajamas and without brushing my teeth or my hair. They don't know what caused it but they gave her benadryl and some steroids. They also took some blood and some pictures. She is doing much better now. But I was very concerned. I hope it doesn't come back but we don't know what caused it in the first place. When we got home I snapped a couple of pictures. The first two you can see the red rash. The last one is what she did to her neck because she was so itchy.








3 comments:

Kara&Jon said...

Is she doing better? That doesn't look good. Let me know what you find out.

Gayle said...

Oh thats so sad!! I hope she is doing better!

The Buttars Gang said...

That's what I looked like when I had a one time reaction to Tide laundry detergent. Did you maybe wash her sheets or clothes in a different brand than usual? I woke up looking like Elli did, and had scratched myself bloody all over. I had to get a shot of Benadryl at the hospital. I haven't had the same thing happen since. Glad she's better.