Monday, October 27, 2008

Keeping Tradition

For every Halloween, Christmas and Valentine's day my Mom would make sugar cookies in the shapes that went with the holiday. Since she is gone I have tried to at least make them for Halloween and Christmas. I try a different recipe every time I make them but I can never seem to get them the way I want them. But I'll keep trying, they'll never be like Mom's but I'll keep the tradition alive. I only wish Mom were here to share them.
Step 1. dough
Step 2. cut out shapes (pumpkins and ghosts)


Step 3. bake


Step 4. frost, decorate and of course eat!


Happy Halloween, thanks for all the many cookies and the fun tradition Mom. I love you.

3 comments:

Shon and Holly Shuldberg said...

That is a great tradition to keep up on and your kids will always remember your mom because you keep it up. I can never make sugar cookies turn out right, either.

The Buttars said...

We had a lot of fun! Thanks for having us over!

The Buttars Gang said...

Okay, now that the screen is blurry.....I miss mom and her cookies so much around the holidays. I really appreciate you taking the time to make the cookies and have us all over to decorate them. I'm sorry I wasn't able to stay and chat very long that day. I really miss spending time and talking with my brothers and sisters and dad. (Tom and Gayle, too.)